Rehabilitation center in Largo, Florida
Our physical therapy and rehabilitation goals at Largo Medical Center are always the same: returning you to your family and community, easing your pain, promoting your mobility and function and advocating for a productive future. We understand that one size does not fit all when it comes to rehabilitation, and each of our programs are structured to meet your specific needs.
For more information about our physical therapy and rehabilitation services or to make an appointment, please call (727) 588-5831.
Inpatient rehabilitation services
Our inpatient rehabilitation programs are located at the Largo Medical Center's Indian Rocks Road campus.
This program is designed for the comprehensive rehabilitative care of patients with functional, occupational and/or cognitive disorders.
We have been providing inpatient rehabilitation services to our Largo community for 20 years. During this time, we have helped rehabilitate more than 7,000 patients.
Our patients and families take comfort knowing our inpatient rehabilitation program is located within a hospital setting at our Indian Rocks Road location. This means we can offer these benefits:
- 24/7 physician coverage
- On-site diagnostics and laboratory services
- On-site hemodialysis services
- 30 private acute inpatient rehabilitation suites
- Private rooms
- State-of-the-art gym
- Daily living suite
Acute inpatient rehabilitation
Acute inpatient rehabilitation provides you the intensity and level of care necessary to overcome the physical challenges you face on the road to recovery.
Our highly skilled rehabilitative team helps retrain nerves, muscles and joints to talk to each other again–or in new ways. We give you what is needed to encourage your body to master small tasks critical to everyday independence, such as getting out of bed, grasping a fork or driving a car. We assist you in reaching new goals and developing new skills.
Outpatient Cardiac rehabilitation program
Our cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs are designed for people with heart disease and peripheral artery disease (PAD). You must have a referral from your physician to participate in the program.
In our cardiac rehabilitation program, you will:
- Recover after a heart attack, open heart surgery, angioplasty and other cardiac interventions
- Learn about cardiovascular disease treatment, medications and long-term healthy lifestyle changes
- Learn how to reduce chances of additional cardiovascular problems through risk factor modification
- Learn how to recognize symptoms and know when to seek treatment
- Regain and maintain an independent, self-sufficient lifestyle through improved strength and endurance
We schedule your sessions at your convenience two to three days each week. Your program will include a maximum of 36 one-hour sessions. You must have a referral from your physician to participate in the program.
Outpatient Pulmonary rehabilitation program
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a supervised program of exercise and education. Our program is staffed by a specially trained registered nurse, respiratory therapist and exercise physiologist who are experienced in working with participants to reach their rehabilitation goals.
Pulmonary rehabilitation is open to individuals with a diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, chronic bronchitis, cardiopulmonary fibrosis and other cardiopulmonary diseases.
The goal of pulmonary rehab is to:
- Increase strength, endurance, self-reliance and exercise tolerance
- Enhance your ability to perform daily living activities
- Decrease number of hospitalizations
- Decrease episodes of breath shortness
Our pulmonary rehabilitation program consists of:
- Physical training
- An individual and goal-oriented program developed by our specialized staff
- Cardiopulmonary and muscular training to enhance endurance and strength
- Exercise tailored to your needs and abilities
- Closely supervised sessions with cardiac and cardiopulmonary monitoring
- A positive environment and approach focusing on progressive improvement each session
- Emphasis on enhancing participation in activities of daily living and daily coping skills
This is an insurance-covered program and your benefits will be confirmed prior to starting the program. In this program, you will come in for sessions twice each week for a maximum of 36 visits. You must have a referral from your physician to participate in the program.
Our comprehensive orthopedic care includes our focused orthopedic rehabilitation programs. Orthopedic rehab focuses on regaining skills and mobility as well as learning ways to compensate for abilities that may have changed. We tailor our orthopedic and joint replacement rehabilitation programs to your lifestyle, background and interests.
Our orthopedic rehabilitation programs treat anyone with the following conditions or procedures:
- Cancer surgery
- Hip-fracture surgery
- Joint replacement surgery
- Spine surgery
- Multiple orthopedic traumas
For patients who have undergone neck or back surgery, rehabilitation will focus on regaining skills as well as learning ways to adapt to impaired abilities. The Florida Spine & Neuro Center is committed to patient-focused spine care and specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of back and neck pain due to injury, spinal disorders or disease.
Part of our stroke treatment includes stroke rehabilitation. Our stroke rehabilitation program is structured around the severity of the stroke, the location and type of stroke and the unique needs of each patient.
Your stroke rehab treatment plan may include advanced technology and techniques, including: a brain-based rehabilitation and assessment program, advanced neuroprosthetic devices and an electrical-stimulating noninvasive therapy for swallowing difficulties.