The Florida Spine and Neurosciences Center at Largo Medical Center
Our multidisciplinary dedicated team of technicians, nurses, therapists and physicians will use some of the latest in diagnostic and surgical techniques to get you on the road to recovery.
Spine care services
Our team specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of spinal disorders or disease, including:
- Spinal stenosis
- Disc herniation
- Vertebral compression fractures
- Degenerative disc disease requiring surgical intervention.
- Conservative spine treatments
Many people recover from back pain and spinal conditions with conservative treatments, including:
- Rest and short term break from strenuous activity
- Prescription muscle relaxants and short term pain medications
- Physical Therapy
There is also a variety of non-surgical treatments for back pain, which your healthcare specialist may suggest, including:
- Epidural steroid injection (ESI)
- Nerve blocks
- Facet blocks
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Stem cell injection
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
If surgery is part of your prescribed treatment plan, the Florida Spine & Neuro Center has you covered. Our physicians have specialized training in a variety of surgical techniques from minimally invasive procedures to complex surgery. Minimally invasive surgical techniques use a very small incision, which allows for less discomfort, faster recovery and lower risk of complications.
Robotic spine surgery
Largo Medical Center is proud to offer a state of the art robotic guided spine surgery, which enhances the precision and accuracy of minimally invasive spine surgeries including laminectomy, spinal fusions and kyphoplasty. This technology allows our Board Certified Surgeons to pre-plan and create a customized 3D roadmap for your surgery. Other benefits include less anesthesia and radiation, shorter surgery time, minimal scarring and expedited recovery. This level of advanced technology is only available at a small number of hospitals across the United States.
The Florida Spine and Neurosciences Center offers a full range of prevention, diagnostic and treatment of a wide variety of neurological disorders including stroke, brain tumors, aneurysms and trigeminal neuralgia. Our Board Certified Neurosurgeons are experienced with traditional and minimally invasive procedures, including:
- Minimally invasive and endoscopic craniotomies
- "Key Hole" craniotomies for brain tumor
- Transsphenoidal endoscopic resection of pituitary tumors
- Third ventriculostomy for hydrocephalus
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Minimally invasive surgery for aneurysm
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for anteriovenous (AV) malformations and tumors
- Implantable chemotherapy and radiation for treatment of high-grade gliomas
- Neurovascular interventions for aneurysm