It all begins when your doctor determines that you will benefit from acute inpatient rehabilitation. Like any medical specialty, rehabilitation requires a referral, which is coordinated by your hospital case manager. Rehabilitation programs have very specific guidelines, so a Clinical Rehabilitation Specialists will review your medical history and collaborate with you, your physician, your nurses, and your caregivers to determine if inpatient acute rehabilitation is best for you.
Referrals from your doctor, a healthcare professional, or a family member can be made by calling (727) 588-5831.
When you choose our rehabilitation program as your rehabilitation partner, you can be sure that national requirements are carefully considered to determine if acute inpatient rehabilitation is the right level of care:
- Requires medical oversight by a physician specially trained in rehabilitative medicine
- Medically stable and has the potential to participate in three hours of therapy per day, at least five days per week
- Requires the specialized care of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to follow directions needed to participate in the program
- With family or support network, have a plan for discharge
The pre-admission review team will review your medical history and meet with you, your doctor, nurse, case manager, or family to determine if you meet the criteria for admission.
Referrals can be accepted from Hospitals, Emergency Room, Physician Offices or Home.
Largo Medical Center’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Program is conveniently located within the Largo Medical Center – Indian Rocks Road campus with free parking available onsite.