If you would like request a physician referral, call us at (844) 423-4283.
Adult Inpatient Unit
Behavioral Health Services at Indian Rocks offers adult inpatient services to patients, 18 years of age or older, who are suffering from a mental health crisis. Services are provided to patients who may be seeking treatment both voluntarily or involuntarily due to an exacerbation of symptoms of a mental illness or co-occurring disorder.
Key symptoms that are often addressed include:
- Thoughts of suicide
- Thoughts of self-harm
- Grief and loss
- Thought Disorders
- Symptoms of multiple disorders occurring simultaneously
The Adult Inpatient Unit provides an integrated, structured and therapeutic setting in which a patient can actively participate in treatment to address the signs and symptoms of the illness that caused the crisis.
The Interdisciplinary Team offers an array of comprehensive services to each patient admitted to the unit.
The team is comprised of:
- Board Certified Psychiatrists
- Registered Nurses
- Social Workers/Counselors
- Discharge Planners
- Mental Health Technicians
- Recreational Therapists
Services offered by the interdisciplinary team include:
- Comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment
- 24-hour behavioral health monitoring and supervision
- Medication stabilization and education
- Individualized treatment planning
- Multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Crisis Support
- Group Therapy
- Family Sessions
- Psycho educational groups
- Recreational Therapy
- Stress Management
- Discharge Planning
- Family Education and Support
- Referral/Linkage to community resources
The Interdisciplinary Team strongly encourages families to participate in all levels of treatment so that they can support and reinforce positive personal growth and education to their loved one.
Goal of the program
The goal of the adult inpatient unit is to assist the individual in reducing the symptoms that caused the current crisis to ensure a successful transition back into the community with the appropriate services available to alleviate future mental health crisis.
This may include:
- Improved overall sense of emotional well-being
- Increased ability to cope with daily life stressors
- Improvement/development of a healthy lifestyle
- Increased ability to manage the symptoms of co-occurring disorders