What is the DAISY Award?
The DAISY Award For Extraordinary Nurses (The DAISY Award) is an international recognition program that honors and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses provide every day.
DAISY is an acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune SYstem. The DAISY Foundation formed in 1999 by the family of Patrick Barnes as a way to honor the nurses that provided quality and compassionate care to Patrick during the final stages of his battle with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP). Today, there are over 2,600 healthcare facilities in all 50 states and 15 other countries committed to honoring nurses with The DAISY Award. Largo Medical Center is proud to be a DAISY Award Partner.
The DAISY Award recipients exemplify Largo Medical Center’s dedication to the exceptional patient experience. These nurses consistently go above and beyond to provide compassionate, high quality care to their patients.
How to Nominate an Extraordinary Nurse
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees may nominate a deserving nurse by filling out the form below.
Nominate an extraordinary nurse as a deserving recipient of The DAISY Award. He/She consistently meets all of the following criteria:
- Goes above and beyond to care for the needs of the patient and family
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism
- Job performance exemplifies the mission, vision, and values of Largo Medical Center
- Is thoughtful, compassionate, and caring in all situations
- Is energetic and passionate about patient care
- Takes time to educate and include the patient and family during the care process
The form was successfully sent.
There was an error with the form submission.