About ER at Largo Medical Center - Indian Rocks Road Campus
Your safety, above all else - ER 24/7
At Largo Medical Center's Indian Rocks Road campus emergency room, you will receive the same rapid, life-saving treatment we offer at our main campus' ER. Our experienced ER doctors and nurses are specially trained to handle a full range of medical emergencies. We are committed to keeping your wait times as short as possible while providing high-quality care.
If you think you may be experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
- 18 patient beds at LMC Indian Rocks Road Campus (including four beds for behavioral health emergencies)
- 24/7 full-service emergency care
- Short average wait times
- Full-service laboratory
- Access to full range of comprehensive behavioral health services
- Diagnostic imaging services, which include:
- X-ray services
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Highly skilled, board-certified emergency medicine specialists
- Referral capabilities to on-call physicians from all medical specialties
- Full wound care and limb-saving units at this location
- All inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services at this location
- All physical therapy and rehabilitation programs and services at this location
Behavioral health emergency services
Within the ER at our Indian Rocks Road campus, we offer a specialized, four-bed psychiatric ER to provide immediate mental health care.
The behavioral health ER is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a staff psychiatrist available at all times for consultation. We provide a respectful, confidential, comfortable atmosphere with advanced safety features.
With face-to-face evaluation, we assess your specific condition and which behavior health services will be appropriate for you.
In addition to emergency mental health care, we offer our full range of behavioral health inpatient and outpatient programs and services at our Indian Rocks location. Anyone who visits our psychiatric ER has access to these services.
Emergency mental health services
Our emergency psychiatric services include:
- Crisis intervention and stabilization
- Psychiatric evaluation and assessment
- Psychiatric disposition and referral
Once we determine the best path forward for your care, you may be admitted to our behavioral health unit for treatment, referred to an outpatient setting or transferred to another facility.
Advantages of this four-bed Behavioral Health ER:
- Private, secure rooms
- Staff experienced in managing mental health emergencies
- The connection to a fully-staffed and serviced in-house behavioral health department
Behavioral health conditions treated at our psychiatric ER
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Thoughts of self-injury or suicide
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Life stress or trauma
- Relationship difficulties