There are currently no guidelines for reducing your risk of social anxiety disorder . However, since this disorder tends to relapse, there are certain factors which could help reduce the risk of relapse including the following:
- See your doctor as soon as you notice the symptoms of social anxiety disorder.
- Avoid smoking , drinking alcohol , and using illicit drugs .
- Avoid caffeine .
- Avoid the following drugs: ephedrine , phenyephrine, isoproterenol , antipsychotic medication, diet pills, drugs for flu or colds, and steroids.
- Attend support groups.
- Attend family or marital counseling if needed.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 11/2012 -
- Update Date: 11/26/2012 -