If you need to talk or request a referral, call us at (727) 587-7667.
The Retreat, a component of the Behavioral Health Services at Indian Rocks, offers inpatient clinical services to patients who are suffering from an exacerbation of mental health symptoms. Services are provided to patients who are voluntarily seeking services to address the mental health signs and symptoms they are experiencing.
Key symptoms that are often addressed include:
- Post-partum depression
- Grief and loss
- Relationship Issues
- Exacerbation of mental health diagnosis
- Thought Disorders
- Symptoms of multiple disorders occurring simultaneously
The Retreat provides multi-disciplinary services offered in an exclusive, tranquil setting that includes private rooms and an array of services to engage the patient in treatment. The team strongly encourages patients to be actively involved in their recovery and assists in addressing the specific symptoms that lead to inpatient care.
The Interdisciplinary Team offers an array of comprehensive services to each patient admitted to the unit.
The team is comprised of:
- Board Certified Psychiatrists
- Registered Nurses
- Social Workers/Counselors
- Discharge Planners
- Mental Health Technicians
- Recreational Therapists
Services offered by the interdisciplinary team include:
- Comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment
- 24-hour behavioral health monitoring and supervision
- Medication stabilization and education
- Individualized treatment planning
- Multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Crisis Support
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Group Therapy
- Family Sessions
- Psycho educational groups
- Recreational Therapy
- Stress Management
- Discharge Planning
- Family Education and Support
- Referral/Linkage to community resources
The Interdisciplinary Team strongly encourages families to participate in all levels of treatment so that they can support and reinforce positive personal growth and education to their loved one.
Goal of the Program
The goal of The Retreat is to assist the patient in increasing coping skills necessary to manage the stressors and symptoms of their mental health disorder. The team will assist the patient to ensure a successful transition back into the community with the appropriate services available to alleviate future mental health crisis.