Hepatobiliary refers to treating conditions of the liver, pancreas and gallbladder.
Conditions related to hepatobiliary can be cancerous or non-cancerous and can be viral, bacterial or parasitic in nature. Some of the most common conditions we treat include:
- Hepatitis A, B and C
- Liver Disease
- Pancreatic cancer
- Gallbladder disease
- Liver tumors
- Metabolic disorders and conditions
Hepatobiliary Treatment Options
The Hepatobiliary Center is located inside the Transplant Institute of Florida at Largo Medical Center. A key aspect of the program is the multidisciplinary collaboration among the following specialists who can assist in the treatment of the liver, pancreas and gallbladder:
- Interventional endoscopists
- Diagnostic & interventional radiologist
- Medical and surgical oncologists
- Transplant & hepatobiliary/pancreatic surgeons
- Social workers
- Nurse practitioners
- Clinical coordinators
- Research coordinators
- Financial coordinators
Liver, Pancreatic and Gallbladder Procedures
Every patient will be seen and evaluated by our experts and specialists. Together, we develop a customized treatment plan which best fits the needs of each individual.
We offer the most advanced diagnostic testing and state of the art services. This multidisciplinary approach optimizes quality of care and communication while minimizing cost.
The Transplant Institute of Florida’s Hepatobiliary Center provides rapid access to this exceptional multidisciplinary care for your patients by having a dedicated Hepatobiliary staff.
- Bile duct resection and reconstruction
- Radiofrequency or microwave ablation
- Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE)
- Yttrium-90 microsphere therapy (SIRT) (Therasphere)
- Conformal beam radiotherapy
- Chemotherapy and targeted therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
- Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy for complex hepatobiliary and pancreatic disorders
- Surgical management of benign and malignant pancreatic disorders including those requiring radical resection with vascular reconstruction
- Multidisciplinary management of pancreatic malignancy
- Inpatient Palliative Care
FREE Physician Referrals
At The Hepatobiliary Center, part of the Transplant Institute of Florida, we are committed to serving you. For a FREE physician referral, call 1-844-ORGAN76 (1-844-674-2676).
Patients have an opportunity to participate in ongoing clinical trials testing including the most innovative treatments for many of these diseases. Ongoing research efforts by our experts is a key feature of the center which provides an important link with the basic sciences thus allowing us to better understand and treat liver, pancreas and gall bladder disease. To reach the Hepatobiliary Center at Largo Medical Center call 727-587-7120.