Emergency rooms at three locations serving Largo and Clearwater
Accidents happen fast. Emergency care should too.
Whether facing anything from a life-threatening illness or injury to a common bump or bruise, the Largo Medical Center Emergency Department staff prides itself on remarkable wait times.
When emergencies happen fast, our three emergency rooms in Largo and Clearwater are known for our excellent average ER wait times. Our emergency care physicians, nurses and specialists are prepared 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
If you think you may be experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
- 27 patient beds at LMC 14th Street Campus
- 18 patient beds at LMC Indian Rocks Rd Campus (Including 4 Behavioral Health ER beds)
- 12 patient beds at Clearwater ER
- Staffed with emergency medicine specialists
- Referral capabilities to physicians in all medical specialties who are on immediate call in case of emergency.
Severe stomach pain
Our facility features specialized gastrointestinal care for patients with stomach pain or digestive conditions. We provide a range of services, from indigestion to appendicitis treatment. Staffed with expert gastroenterologists and specially trained nurses, we treat minor and major GI conditions.
Symptoms for more serious GI conditions include:
- Chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Stomach pain so severe you cannot do anything else
- Bloody or black diarrhea
- Vomit with blood or dark fluid
- Unable to keep fluids down due to consistent vomiting
Behavioral health emergency room
In another effort to meet the needs of the community, Largo Medical Center has a 4-bed behavioral health emergency room. It's located at Largo Medical Center on Indian Rocks Road.
This 4-bed behavioral health emergency room is designed to meet the needs of patients who are experiencing a mental health crisis. It provides a comfortable atmosphere for patients while incorporating the most up-to-date safety features. Patients will be medically screened for the most appropriate service available and may be referred to an outpatient setting, transferred to another facility or admitted into the hospital's behavioral health unit for treatment.
Behavioral health related conditions that can be treated at Largo Medical Center include:
- Symptoms of depression
- Symptoms of anxiety
- Thoughts of harm to self or others
- Advantages of this 4-Bed Behavioral Health Emergency Room at Largo Medical Center include:
- Private, secure rooms
- Staff who are experienced in managing mental health emergencies
- The connection to a fully-staffed and serviced in-house behavioral health department
Learn more about our psychiatric emergency room.
Advanced Primary Stroke Center
Largo Medical Center is an Advanced Primary Stroke Center as recognized by The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization, which accredits and certifies more than 15,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
Certified Chest Pain Center
Largo Medical Center has received recognition as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
AFib and Heart Rhythm Center
Largo Medical Center is certified by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care as an AiFib and Heart Rhythm Center. Our hospital, cardiologists, surgeons and other specialists are proud to receive this certification.
Need help finding a physician?
If you have a question about symptoms, an illness, an injury, medication, or other medical questions, please contact your physician. If you do not have a physician and need help finding one, you may call our free Physician Referral Line at (888) 741-5115 or you may Find a Physician on this website.