If you have trouble falling asleep, staying awake or sleeping through the night, you may be among the one-third of Americans estimated to have sleep disorders. If not treated, a sleep disorder can lead to chronic fatigue, disorientation and the inability to accomplish everyday tasks.
- Do you doze off unintentionally during the day?
- Do you snore loudly and persistently at night, and are you sleep during the day?
- Have you ever "dozed off" while driving?
- Do you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep?
- Does your partner notice that you sometimes stop breathing while you're sleeping?
- Do you wake up with an acid taste in the mouth, or cough and wheeze during the night?
If you answered "Yes" to any of the above questions, you may have a sleeping disorder. Discuss your symptoms with a physician or call 1-800-617-7102 to schedule an appointment at the Sleep Disorders Center.