Improving your quality of life one breath at a time
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a supervised program of exercise and education. Participants are typically scheduled twice each week for a maximum of 36 visits. You must have a referral from your physician to participate in the program. Pulmonary Rehabilitation is open to individuals with a diagnosis of COPD,asthma, chronic bronchitis, pulmonary fibrosis and other pulmonary diseases. This is an insurance-covered program and your benefits will be confirmed prior to starting the program/
Increase strength, endurance, self-reliance and exercise tolerance Enhance ability to perform activities of daily living Decrease number of hospitalizations Decrease episodes of shortness of breath
Staff and Support
Our program is staffed by a specially trained registered nurse and exercise physiologist who are experienced in working with participants to reach their rehabilitation goals. Our Medical Director provides oversight to ensure a medically safe program.
- Specialized staff develop an individual and goal-oriented program
- Activities include pulmonary and muscular training to enhance endurance and strength
- Exercise is tailored to the participant’s needs and abilities
- Each session is closely supervised with cardiac and pulmonary monitoring
- A positive environment and approach focusing on progressive improvement each session
- Emphasis on enhancing participation in activities of daily living and daily coping skills
- Breathing techniques/relaxation skills
- Use of medications
- Current information on the latest medical treatments
- Living with supplemental oxygen
If you would like information on our Pulmonary Rehabilitation program, please call 1-888-741-5115 or to schedule an appointment call (727) 588-5544.