It all begins when your doctor determines that you will benefit from inpatient rehabilitation. Like any medical specialty, rehabilitation requires a referral, which is coordinated by your hospital case manager. Rehab hospitals have very specific guidelines, so a Rehabilitation Liaison will review your medical history and collaborate with you, your physician, your nurses, and your caregivers to determine if inpatient rehabilitation is best for you.
Referrals from your doctor, a healthcare professional, or a family member can be made by:
Phone: (727) 588-5831
When you choose Indian Rocks Rehabilitation as your rehabilitation partner, you can be sure that national requirements are carefully considered to determine if inpatient rehabilitation is the right level of care:
- Requires medical oversight by a physician specially trained in rehabilitative medicine
- Medically stable and has the potential to participate in three hours of therapy per day, at least five days per week
- Requires the specialized care of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to follow directions needed to participate in the program
- With family or support network, have a plan for discharge
The pre-admission review team will review your medical history and meet with you, your doctor, nurse, case manager, or family to determine if you meet the criteria for admission.
Referrals can be accepted from Hospitals, Emergency Room, Physician Offices or Home.
Indian Rocks Rehabilitation is conveniently located within Largo Medical Center – Indian Rocks campus with free parking available onsite.
Visitors may purchase snacks and meals from the hospital cafeteria, which is open between 7:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. and 11:30am – 1:30p.m.
So that patients can focus on participating in their therapy and rehabilitation programs to their fullest potential, visiting hours are 4:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m., however these are flexible to meet patient and family needs.