Diagnostic Imaging & Radiology
Our Imaging Department offers a full array of diagnostic services. With leading-edge technologies and trained specialists, we are able to conduct the following diagnostic procedures:
- Angiography and neurodiagnostics
- Helical CT scans
- Multi-slice CT scans
- Fluoroscopic and general X-ray
- High field/high definition MRI
- Lymphatic mapping
- Nuclear imaging (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Vascular and interventional angiography radiology
Referrals & Appointments
Physician referrals are required for all diagnostic imaging services, and reports are sent directly to your doctor.
To schedule and confirm appointments, call the hospital's Central Schedule office at 800-617-7102 .
Mammography & Women's Imaging
The Florida Breast Institute at Largo Medical Center offers digital mammography and a comprehensive selection of breast imaging and diagnostic procedures including:
- Digital screening mammogram results in 15 minutes
- Digital diagnostic mammogram
- Minimally invasive stereotactic biopsy
- Breast ultrasound
- Minimally invasive ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Breast MRI
- Minimally-invasive MRI-guided biopsy
- Computer-aided Detection (CAD)
- Bone densitometry procedures
You can schedule a screening mammography appointment for yourself but remember to bring your doctor's prescription for insurance purposes.
For an appointment or information, call the Florida Breast Institute at (727) 588-0700 or toll-free at 800-617-7089 .