Overview of Services
Behavioral Health Services at Indian Rocks provides services for individuals who are 18 years or older that are geared toward diagnosis, stabilization and treatment. For more information or to make a referral please call the Referral Line at (727) 587-7667.
Behavioral Health Services provides individualized treatment to those who are experiencing signs and symptoms of mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, thought disorders, thoughts of harming self or others, and co-occurring disorders. Services are provided based upon the individual’s specific needs. The multidisciplinary team strongly encourages the individual to become an active participant in their recovery.
Care is provided in a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment. From the time of admission to discharge, the team focuses on an individualized plan of care that is based upon a comprehensive assessment of the individual’s strengths, needs, signs and symptoms.
Behavioral Health Services at the Largo Medical Center Indian Rocks Road campus includes:
- The Retreat, a 14-bed unit for adults on a voluntary status
- The Center for Behavioral Medicine, a 33-bed inpatient unit for adults in need of both Involuntary and Voluntary Stabilization
- The Geriatric Unit, a 12-bed inpatient unit for older adults on both a voluntary and involuntary status
- Intensive Treatment Unit (ITU), a 12-bed unit for adults needing a smaller milieu for optimal treatment on both a voluntary and involuntary status
- Psychiatric Emergency Room, four private rooms within the ER setting for those in a behavioral health crisis
- Medical Behavioral Unit (MBU), a 6-bed medical inpatient environment with behavioral health overlay
- Assessment and Referral Center (ARC), 24-hour hotline to assist with access to HCA Behavioral Services within the Tampa Bay Area
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT), both on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), outpatient group setting to assist adults in need of intensive support to maintain stability with behavioral health symptoms. Groups occur 3 times per week.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), outpatient group setting for adults in need of more structure to avoid the need for inpatient treatment for their behavioral health symptoms. Groups occur up to 5 times per week. COMING SOON!
For more information or to make a referral please call the Referral Line at (727) 587-7667 .