Write everything down
(HealthDay News) -- Forgetfulness may be a normal sign of aging, or a warning sign of a condition such as Alzheimer's disease.
In case of the former, the National Institute on Aging suggests how to help sharpen your memory:
- Create lists or use a calendar.
- Associate what you want to remember with something meaningful, such as a favorite song or TV show.
- Engage in new hobbies that challenge you physically and mentally.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Find healthy ways to manage anxiety and stress, and see a doctor if you struggle with these feelings.