Emergency Department Check-In Kiosk for Patients
November 01, 2012
Largo, FL – Largo Medical Center is very excited to bring more new technology to the facility’s Emergency Department with a new self-service ED KIOSK (Emergency Department Check-In Kiosk).
With the emergency room often being a patients’ first stop, they expect healthcare providers to deliver the same level of convenience they receive from airlines, and hotels. Largo Medical Center has two self-service ED KIOSKS and offers the community several benefits for patients who are technology savvy and arrive with non-urgent healthcare needs:
- Improved patient satisfaction by eliminating the paper ED check-in process
- More efficient check-in process
- Better managed information
- Instructions are available in both English and Spanish
- Accurate and automated capture of patient arrival time
Using the ED KIOSK is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Patients will select either English or Spanish.
2. Patients will select which option they will use to enter information:
- Swipe a Credit Card,
- Scan a Florida Driver’s License, or
- Manually enter the requested information.
3. Patients will enter the reason for their visit.
*No patient information is stored in the ED KIOSK at any time.
Director of Marketing/Public Relations: